If you have ever been in a conversation about jewelery or diamonds in the Boston area, you have heard: “Yeah, I know a guy….” Inevitably the story continues into a web of directions and instructions on how to find, and approach the “guy”. Well bloggers, it is our turn to peak under the mystery and experience Boston’s best of sparkly gems, delicate jewels, and luxurious gold.
What: Blogger event at the Jewelers Building
Where: The Jewelers Building, 333 Washington Street, Downtown Crossing, Boston, MA
When: Thursday, July 19th at 6:00pm
Boston’s Diamond District is the stuff of legends. I wasn’t in Boston for more than 3 months before I heard about it for the first time. The tales are always shrouded in mystery and folklore…and somehow make you afraid, and eager, to actually find this legendary area!
At the heart of the stories around this sparkling area of Downtown Crossing is the Jewelers Exchange Building, which weaves together the historical past of the city with the high quality and value today’s shoppers are looking for.
Founded in 1922, the building features more than 125 boutique jewelers and expert craftsmen. Each store’s personality is on full display in the stores, often staffed by the second or third generation owners.
Shoppers can visit more than 52 retail outlets on eight floors, in search of colored stones, pearls, diamonds, engagement rings, watches, semi-precious and sterling silver jewelry. Want to customize a design? You’ll find some of the best craftsmen as well as watchmakers, pearl stringers and goldsmiths. Need something repaired? It can probably be done right on site – and maybe even while you wait.
The Bloggers’ event will offer an insider look at the building and the individual retailers who make up the building. They are experts not only on the stones but on Jewelry trends – what’s hot for bridal, perfect gifts for every occasion, etc. The building can be intimidating to those who have never entered the doors of 333 Washington Street—this event will demystify the building! We will learn:
- The history of the building and how Downtown Crossing has changed over 90 years
- Why the building is the heart and soul of Greater Boston jewelry industry
- Insider stories of people and the items they’ve purchased
- Where can a consumer shop and how to make the best use of the building.
- Why many of the individuals who work in the building are considered artists – and they’ll get a firsthand look at what they do!
Of course there will be snacks and drinks to accompany this one of a kind experience!
How to attend:
- This event is for all types of Boston area bloggers. Family, event, food, fashion, lifestyle, event and any other type of blogger!
- 15 lucky bloggers will be selected to attend using Random.org
- You will receive one entry for each of the following that you complete, and leave a separate comment on this post for:
- All entries must be received by Friday, July 13th at Noon
- Winners will be selected using Random.org and notified by Sunday, July 15th. Winners must reply to RSVP within 24 hours or their spot may be given away
- Prize has no cash value
- If you accept a spot at this event, you are agreeing to either live tweet the event, or blog about the event giving a completely honest, personal and truthful recount of the experience.