For our next brunch, we are thrilled to invite 10 lucky brunchers to join us at Somerville’s Kirkland Tap & Trotter on November 9 at 12:30 p.m.!
Located around the corner from one of Chef Maws’ food idols – Julia Child’s house – in Somerville, The Kirkland Tap & Trotter’s atmosphere embodies an eclectic and cozy neighborhood vibe akin to some of the best “gastropubs” in England. Chef Maws’ French-inspired “refined rusticity” and an unyielding passion for the best local, seasonal, and organic ingredients, have become his trademark. “You’ll find the same ingredients on the menu at Kirkland Tap & Trotter that you see at Craigie, but here they will be prepared simply and perfectly executed. You won’t see any swooshes on the plates here. ”
The 115-seat restaurant includes a 12-seat bar, with additional seating at high top tables alongside a large open dining room. The kitchen and menu centers around a large wood-fired grill set into a masonry base.
Chef Maws is a culinary legend in this area, and we can’t wait to sample his brunch!
On Sunday, November 9 at 12:30 p.m., 10 lucky brunchers will convene at Kirkland Tap & Trotter to sample their choice of unique deliciousness from the brunch menu. Here is what you need to do to win a seat:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment telling me which item off the Kirkland Tap & Trotter Brunch menu sounds the best to you. There are some really unique items on there, so have fun choosing!
- Bonus Entry: Follow @BostonBrunchers & @TapandTrotter on Twitter and tweet: “Hoping to join @ BostonBrunchers for @TapandTrotter for a unique and yummy brunch! http://wp.me/p19ZsJ-EP” …or something to that effect! Come back here and let me know you tweeted, making sure to include your Twitter handle.
- The winners will be chosen on Monday, November 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. using www.random.org.
- Winners must reply to the notification email, securing their seat, within 48 hours. If they do not, they will forfeit their seat at brunch.
- If you win a seat at this brunch, you agree to write an honest review of the experience, disclosing that brunch was provided free of charge because you dined as a part of the Boston Brunchers.
- All brunchers must bring $10 cash for tip and additional payment for alcoholic beverages.
- If you win and are unable to attend the brunch, you will forfeit your seat.
- Prize is non-transferable and has no cash value