Happy summer Boston brunch fans! The Brunchers has some exciting events planned for this summer, and we are starting off in style!
On Sunday, July 20, 10 lucky Boston Brunchers will have the chance to sample Prime Brunch at urban steakhouse, Boston Chops, which was recently named one of Food & Wine Magazine’s “Best New Steakhouses”!
Served up every Saturday & Sunday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. with a Raw Bar Happy Hour for late risers, this brunch is anything but ordinary. Executive Chef Chris Coombs’ menu features inventive versions of brunch classics and steakhouse staples, a full range of raw bar offerings, and more:
· Prime Steak Frites include your choice of an 8 oz. Hanger, Club Eye NY Strip, or Filet Mignon served with generous frites, seasonal greens, and an array of house-made sauces like Boston Chops House, or Bordelaise
· “Rarely Celebrated” cuts from the dinner menu get a daytime makeover in dishes like Brisket, Shank, & Grilled Tongue Hash (2 hour egg, frites, cheese curds, gravy) and Huevos Rancheros (braised beef cheek, black beans, avocado, tortilla)
For the essential brunch ingredient—booze—Boston Chops is mixing up boldly flavored bloodies and mimosas. Day drinking staples include:
· Prime Bloodies like the Pickled Mary (pickled asparagus, green beans, frog balls, cornichons), the Prime Raw Bloody (oyster, jumbo cocktail shrimp), and theChipotle Smoked Kebob (bell peppers, pearl onions, smoked beef tongue)
· Cocktails fit for the light of day—a massive 14 oz. Mimosa and the Maple Berry Smash (bourbon, maple, seasonal berry, herbs), and more
For weekend warriors getting a late start, Boston Chops is now offering a Raw Bar Happy Hour on Saturdays and Sundays from 3 – 5 p.m., featuring fresh-shucked oysters for $1 and the hair of whatever dog bit you last night.
We are excited to have 10 Brunchers to Boston Chops at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 20, for your choice from the brunch menu, and a delicious brunch cocktail. Here is what you need to do to win a seat:
How to win a seat:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment telling me which item off the Boston Chops Prime Brunch menu sounds the best to you.
- Bonus Entry: Follow @BostonBrunchers & @BostonChops on Twitter and tweet: “Hoping to join @ BostonBrunchers for @BostonChops Prime Brunch! http://wp.me/p19ZsJ-Dv” …or something to that effect! Come back here and let me know you tweeted, making sure to include your Twitter handle.
- The winners will be chosen on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. using www.random.org.
- Winners must reply to the notification email, securing their seat, within 48 hours. If they do not, they will forfeit their seat at brunch.
- If you win a seat at this brunch, you agree to write an honest review of the experience, disclosing that brunch was provided free of charge because you dined as a part of the Boston Brunchers.
- All brunchers must bring $10 cash for tip.
- If you win and are unable to attend the brunch, you will forfeit your seat.
- Prize is non-transferable and has no cash value